Claudio Moderini is a design director, researcher and educator with a background in architecture and design, currently Head of Academics at Pearl Academy, school of design, fashion and creative business with campuses in Delhi NCR (East & West), Jaipur and Mumbai, part of the international group Laureate.
Former Head of Institute at Domus Academy, the international institute focused on innovation in design, based in Milan, Italy.
His main competences range from creative direction to envisioning and strategic design, applied to the development of advanced solutions for the design sector and to the development and management of progressive learning environments.
His main design and research interests range from the introduction of Digital Technology in the everyday life and environment, to its potentiality in supporting the qualities of the social relations, to the potentiality of interaction design to innovate/transform the product and service design processes.
He has been project leader and coordinator for DA of more than 40 design projects, researches and workshops both in conjunction with international companies such as Canon, Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Nokia, Motorola, Pioneer, Samsung, TDK and within EU research initiatives.
He has lectured and held design seminars at Politecnico di Milano, Royal College of Art, University of Siena, University of Milano Bicocca, FUKUI Prefecture in Japan, Shie Chien University Taipei, NTUT Taipei, Hong Kong Design Institute, Hong Kong Polytechnic, Kookmin University Seoul, MIT Boston, Bilgi University Istanbul, Tonji University Shanghai, Universidad Major Santiago del Chile, Toluca Tech Mexico and Seoul Design Foundation, focusing on interactive design, envisioning, service and strategic design.
Prof. Seema Mahajan is Head Academic Governance, Pearl Academy. She has an experience of over 21 years as an academician and a design consultant with various renowned national and international organizations. She holds a Masters in Textiles & Clothing from Delhi University and has also done Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.). She has a certificate in PGCHE, a post graduate certificate in higher education from Nottingham Trent University, U.K. Her research interests involve contemporary creative Indian textiles techniques, traditional handicrafts and embroideries. She is also member of Society of Dyers and colorists (U.K) and has published various articles in textile trade journals and magazines.
The overall responsibility for management of academic quality and standards resides with the Academic Quality and Standards department. The AQS monitors and maintains an independent record of academic quality activity, which includes an annual scrutiny of reports to generate themes and make recommendations to the AQSC for the benefit of the Academy. It provides direct feedback to courses/course teams. The AQS also alerts the Academy, through the AQSC and Academic Board, on matters of concern. AQS activities include, but are not limited to Support Provision, Documentation Management and the Evaluation and Analysis of academic data.Read more.
- Implements and supports an effective External Examiner induction programme in conjunction with the Academic Development Office.
- Maintains records of the proceedings of Curriculum Review Groups’ meetings, constituted and chaired by ADO.
- Promotes innovation and good practice in quality management for ongoing enhancement of the academic provision.
- Takes action to ensure that the policy and approaches as set are embedded within academic provision.
- Supervises the tasks of Verifiers.
- Participates in Examination Boards, Progression Boards and Interim Review Meeting as may be relevant.
- Identifies areas of staff training, related to quality processes and standards, and appraises ADO and HR for their implementation.
- Undertakes continuous evaluation leading to improvement of Academic courses and processes to facilitate achievement of the Academy’s mission and strategic plans at corporate and centre levels.
- Receives and maintains records of Verifier and External Examiners’ reports, as well as annual course reports.
- Maintains the records of AQSC, including setting agendas, preparing papers and dissemination of committee outcomes.
- Maintains the Academic Quality & Standards Manual.
Evaluation and Analysis:
- Reviews Verifier and External Examiner reports, Verifier reports and annual course reports, in order to recommend actions to ADO for improvement at an institutional level, and monitors actions taken.
- Reviews student data e.g. Progression, Achievement, Retention, Employment across all courses, in order to recommend actions to ADO for improvement at an institutional level and monitors action taken.
- Reviews student feedback reports on quality of teaching, modules and their delivery in order to recommend actions to ADO for improvement at an institutional level and monitors action taken.
- Generates reports to AQSC at determined timeframes.
- Considers and reports on matters as from time to time as referred by the AQSC or Academic Board.