Course - Overview
The Post Graduate Programme in Accessory Design (PGAD) seeks to answer these three relevant questions for any designer today:
- What are the values of new luxury?
- What will our future lifestyles be like?
- What kind of experiences do you want to design?
Skills & Knowledge
Learn various paradigms of accessory design its fundamental skills and techniques such as human factors, materials & processes, trend research & forecasting, semiotics, CAD-CAM inputs, design & business strategy, sustainability and understanding of global luxury markets. Special focus on understanding and integrating Indian crafts for contemporary luxury. Explore these themes from the edges of technology including digital fabrication. Investigate ways to integrate these considerations and improve industry, lifestyle and business.
Uniqueness of Course
- Industry experienced faculty with both domestic and international education and experiences.
- Wide array of Accessory Design possibilities both wearables like footwear and jewellery to non-wearables like table top and home décor objects.
- Bespoke mentoring for each young professional to discover and pursue their inclinations and build a versatile career.
- Access to design and industry experts
- Industry Integrated projects
- Access to a well-equipped maker space for mechanical and digital fabrication
- Exploration and training in a wide variety of materials and applications
- Multi-disciplinary peer learning
Career Opportunities include
Mid-level to senior designer or as a design manager, a merchandiser, a CMF expert, a design developer, a trend forecaster - working in Design Houses, Export houses, Retail chains, jewellery houses, with established Designers, Craft organisations or launch their own entrepreneurial venture.
With a career spanning over 35 years in the design industry, Alex Velasco is an expert in design education, product design and design thinking. He has taught design students in the United Kingdom, Turkey, Georgia and India. He attained a Gulbenkian Foundation Scholarship for post graduate study (1993) and has been awarded the South African Bureau of Standards design award (2000).
Our 360° comprehensive learning-based model opens up multiple avenues and opportunities for students.
Research current trends and styles to form modern accessory designs.
Study materials, processes, and the market itself to form a modern accessory design philosophy.
Form quality designs for accessories that will be known all over the country – and abroad as well!
Bolster the line-up of retail products with new-age forms of accessory design.
Integrate new-age design philosophies to craft beautiful pieces of jewellery.
Develop a host of lifestyle and decorative products to be sold at their respective departments.
Working With Established Designers
Hone your craft and upskill your design abilities by working with eminent designers.
Join a craft organisation and put your knowledge of accessory design to good use.