Course - Overview
The Post Graduate(PG) Program in Accessory Design (PGAD) seeks to answer these three
relevant questions for any designer today:
- What are the values of the new luxury?
- What will our future lifestyles be like?
- What kind of experiences do you want to design? Skills & Knowledge
Learn various paradigms of accessory design its fundamental skills and techniques such
as human factors, materials & processes, trend research & forecasting, semiotics,
CAD-CAM inputs, design & business strategy, sustainability and understanding of global
luxury markets. Special focus on understanding and integrating Indian crafts for
contemporary luxury. Explore these themes from the edges of technology including
digital_ fabrication. Investigate ways to integrate these considerations and improve
industry, lifestyle and business.
Uniqueness of Masters in Accessory Design Program_
- Industry experienced faculty with both domestic and international education and
- Wide array of Accessory Design possibilities both wearables like footwear and jewellery
to non-wearables like tabletop and home décor objects.
- Bespoke mentoring for each young professional to discover and pursue their inclinations and build a versatile career.
- Access to design and industry experts
- Industry Integrated projects
- Access to a well-equipped maker space for mechanical and digital fabrication_
- Exploration and training in a wide variety of materials_and applications_
- Multi-disciplinary peer learning
Our faculty members are the strongest pillars of our 28 years of creative impact. These mentors are life-long learners, eager to dedicate their lives to create a change for a better tomorrow. They nurture creative minds and bring out the best in them over the years. Every student at Pearl is transformed into extraordinary leaders with the help of their support, guidance and mentoring. They and our students together make us who we are. Take a look at these geniuses.
- Message from Dean
Our 360° comprehensive learning-based model opens up multiple avenues and opportunities for students.