Creative Kickstart – School of Design
Welcome to Creative Kickstart – the perfect refreshing start to help you understand everything you need to know about creative courses.
What’s Creative kickstart?
An online session that will help you get insights into your course through a one-on-one interaction with mentors and faculty, exciting videos on the curriculum and life at Pearl, and intriguing workshops that will help you hone a new skill set related to your area of interest.
What should you look forward to?
- Meeting a career advisor who will guide you through this exciting journey
- Hearing the Dean’s message on Life@Pearl
- Getting clarity on your course curriculum and difference between courses from the Head of Department
- Attending an intriguing workshop of your choice
- Access to exclusive course specific content on our Mobile app
- Certificate from Pearl Academy on completion of the session
06 Mar, Sat | 4 PM
Register now! Limited seats available.
1.Basics of Sustainable Living
This workshop will introduce students to the concept of sustainable interiors and how one can implement it while designing for a better living environment. We will be discussing initial steps towards making our spaces sustainable, that we as creative individuls can adapt to our environment.
1. Laptop or phone with camera and a stable internet connection. 2. 3 -4 old magazines 3.glue / scissors 4. A/4 Plain white paper.
5. set of pencil
2.Ode to my hero
"Design a trophy/accessory as a tribute/ode/salute for your personal HERO - can be your favorite start, writer, singer, sportsperson, politician, Covid warrior, etc. Decipher their personality and create a range of accessories which will fit their philosophy/personality/lifestyle.
A fast-paced project though a full design cycle. Students pair up, show and tell each other about their personal icons, ideate, and come up with a new accessory that is “useful and meaningful” to their HERO. They will choose the style, material, finish, color to match their HERO.
"1. Laptop or phone with camera and a stable internet connection. 2. 3 -4 old magazines 3.glue / scissors 4. A/4 Plain white paper.
5. set of pencil"
This workshop will help students Understand and express the meaning of a word or an idea through the shape, spacing, sizing, placement, and texture of the letters on the page.
Paper, Pencil, Eraser, Black pen / color pens