This program will help students visualise and create lifestyle accessories, right from the most basic to high-end luxury products by using different materials, processes, and technologies.
With increased global exposure, the focus of the masses is shifting towards enhancing their lifestyle. Thus, there’s an increase in demand for designers to provide for a person's lifestyle needs and requirements. This course will not only equip students to design personal accessories like jewellery, but also other accessories like laptop & mobile covers, household accessories (candle stands, lamp shades, decorative items), and gift items, among other such products.
USP of the Course
- A wide array of accessories, driven by the lifestyles of modern-day users. It’s a course which allows students to explore both wearable and non-wearable accessories in leather goods, jewellery, and home decor.
- A material-driven approach that exposes to multiple varieties of techniques – both basic to advanced – over the course of these 4 years.
- Access to a well-equipped maker space for mechanical and digital fabrication.
- Exploration and training in a wide variety of materials and crafts related to accessory design.
- An extremely practical course which prepares the student to be industry-ready.
Visual Culture | Material Culture | Media Culture | Design Culture
Design Culture | Design Language | Material Design | 3D Tools | Usability | Object Stories | Craft | Usability in Practice
Cultural Studies | Design Research | Envisioning Design Directions | Mass Customisation | Industry Live Projects | Small Scale Manufacturing | Mixed Materials | International Experience
Business Tools for Designers | Social Enterprise Projects | FutureLabs | Developing Specialised Product(s) | Career Mentoring | Final Design Projects | Making A Professional Portfolio
Every student will undergo a Professional Practice and Final Project session before their final portfolio display.
Our 360° comprehensive learning-based model opens up multiple avenues and opportunities for students.
Research current trends and styles to form contemporary accessory designs.
Study materials, processes, and the market itself to form a modern accessory design philosophy.
Form quality designs for accessories that will be known all over the country – and abroad as well!
Bolster the line-up of retail products with new-age forms of accessory design.
Integrate new-age design philosophies to craft beautiful pieces of jewellery.
Develop a host of lifestyle and decorative products to be sold at their respective departments.
Working With Established Designers
Hone your craft and upskill your design abilities by working with eminent designers.
Join a craft organisation and put your knowledge of accessory design to good use.