Course - Overview
Our fashion design course gives an understanding of different garments across all genders and age groups. This course provides all the necessary creative, technical, intellectual and communication skills needed to excel in the fashion design industry. After getting a diploma in fashion design from Pearl, students also learn design and construction with the use of innovative technology for sustainable design solutions.
What to expect:
- The course helps students to develop a solid foundation of core skills in design and fashion theory.
- Students are exposed to the latest technology like CLO 3D to communicate fashion through its true-to-life 3D garment simulation technology
- Fashion and Textile Labs are well equipped with the latest technology like 3D printing, Laser Cutting, Digital Printing, Computerized Embroidery and Knitting Machines etc.
- Students get exposure to machine learning and extensive use of Artificial Intelligence (AI techniques) in the apparel and textile industry to understand how clothing is modified according to the purpose and demand of the consumers
- A series of projects throughout the course helps students develop their intellectual and critical thinking in their work through rigorous research enquiry, evaluation, and application
- Industry readiness is ensured by comprehensive academic rigour and appropriate industry exposure with a global outlook and an understanding of the seasonal collection trends
- After completing the course students develop their individual aesthetics and design identity
- A strong collaboration between domestic designers, craftsmen and other stakeholders ensures a solid professional knowledge to approach by the end of this fashion technology course for both domestic and global markets
- Pearl Academy's alliance with FDCI (Fashion Design Council of India), creates many opportunities for students to attend masterclasses with practising designers, and industry experts and to create strong networking with the industry by attending various fashion events across the country
Frequently Asked Questions...
What is Fashion Design & Technology?
The fashion industry is known for its labour-intensive processes and tangible goods and materials, but today's fashion designing industry is technological. Fashion design & technology examines how technology interacts with fashion and textiles. A bachelor of fashion design course aims to meet the fashion industry's and society's complex needs by pursuing influential research and imparting value- and skill-based education. Pearl Academy helps its students achieve competencies in fashion design and construction by using cutting-edge new tech like CLO 3D to innovate the method of communicating fashion through its true-to-life 3D garment simulation technology. Their fashion design course solidifies core design, realization, and fashion theory skills for application in the real world.
What is the course duration for Fashion Design & Technology?
The demand for skilled fashion designers is increasing at an exponential rate, making the field of fashion design the career of the future. Even though the glamorous world may seem alluring and lucrative, much more is needed to succeed in the fashion industry. The Bachelor of Fashion Design course is a foundational course that is beneficial for students who want to pursue higher education.
This fashion design course's duration is four years, which builds a student's personality to become an independent thinker and a creator of his imagination. Students who complete this program will understand the abilities required in the modern fashion industry. It aims to familiarize students with international fashion and teach them cutting-edge design techniques. Along with learning about traditional Indian fabrics, and surface ornaments, and participating in live industry projects with leading Indian fashion companies, students will develop workplace competencies and career planning skills.
Who can join Pearl Academy's Fashion Design & Technology course?
Aspirants must take the Pearl Academy Entrance Exam, to be considered for admission to any of the fashion designing courses offered by the academy. Pearl Academy also conducts a round of personal interviews for each admission cycle. Applicants must have completed the 10+2 standard from a recognized board in any discipline to be eligible to apply for admission to their fashion design courses after 12th grade. Candidates can apply for the Pearl Academy entrance exam if they have earned their bachelor's degree in fashion, textile-related fields, or a 2-year full-time PG Diploma in design from any accredited university or institution and have three to four years of work experience in the industry, or if they are graduates in any field.
Applicants can also apply for an 11-month professional certificate program. Only candidates registered for the General Proficiency Test (GPT) with a minimum score are eligible for a test waiver. Pearl Academy assesses applicants based on their aptitude, sense of creativity and aesthetics, career focus, level of dedication and energy, capacity for self-expression, potential as a team member, eligibility to pursue the program, and communication skills for any of their courses, be it UG or a diploma in fashion designing after 10th.
What jobs can you get with Fashion Design & Technology Course?
Fashion design is a creative and in-demand career for those who love to study fashion trends, sketch designs, and develop something new and creative in the vogue world. Some of the most popular fashion design jobs include those of fashion designers, fashion illustrators, visual merchandisers, costume designers, and textile designers.
- Fashion designers sketch clothing, footwear, and accessory designs and create original clothing, accessories, and footwear.
- Fashion illustrators create visual representations of clothing designs and produce original works of art.
- Visual merchandisers present, arrange, and display items in stores and shop windows.
- Costume designers create costumes for movies, plays, or television shows.
- Design merchandisers oversee the style design of garments and accessories in retail clothing stores, costume suppliers, or fashion houses.
- Textile designers produce 2D unique or recurring patterns for knit, woven, and printed fabrics.
These are some of the most appealing professions for students pursuing a course in fashion design, as it opens up many opportunities for those who are passionate about creating art.
Does Pearl Academy offer scholarships for the Fashion Design & Technology course?
The "Who's Next?" Scholarship Program at Pearl Academy is a merit-based scholarship for all courses including fashion design. This fashion design course scholarship is based on performance in the Pearl Entrance Exam, including Written Exam, Personal Interview, and Portfolio Showcase. The criteria for selection include qualifying for the Pearl Academy Entrance exam, completing class 12th by July 2023, and being a resident of India. It is now easy to achieve your dreams at Pearl, as all you have to do is put your foot on the paddle with your best and accelerate into the future of opportunities.
Natural & Built Environment; Body & It's Extension; Design Abilities 1; Fashion Cognition 1 (Immersion Lab); Culture, History & Narratives; Identity, Memory & Imaginations; Design Abilities 2; Fashion Cognition 2 (Immersion Lab)
Fashion Languages and Techniques, Drawing for Design, Design of Materials , Fashion Mashup , Design Milestones, Fashion Making , Brands Mood, Fashion Futures
Design Research, Technical Tools, Studio for Construction Methods, Investigate Innovate Implement, Cultural Studies, Application of Social Media, International Lab Experience, Live Industry Project
Design Opportunities, Business Tools for Designers, Specialized Studio: Function and Details, Specialized Collection, Professional Practice, Portfolio Development, Final Project
Our faculty members are the strongest pillars of our 30 years of creative impact. These mentors are life-long learners, eager to dedicate their lives to creating a change for a better tomorrow. They nurture creative minds and bring out the best in them over the years. Every student at Pearl is transformed into a Complete Design Professional with the help of their support, guidance, and mentoring. They and our students together make us who we are. Look at these geniuses.
- Message from Dean
Our 360° comprehensive learning-based model opens multiple avenues and opportunities for students.
Creative Pattern Maker
Fashion Trend Forecaster