The 3 Year UG Pathway in Fashion & Lifestyle Business Management imparts skills needed to run a Global and Domestic Fashion & Lifestyle Brand.
An intensive appreciation of fashion business, fashion and lifestyle products, fashion marketing and retailing along with anatomy and anthropometrics which gives the student an in-depth understanding of the fashion product and its manufacturing. The curriculum is well structured to build sound grounds for Fashion & Lifestyle Business competencies in core technical areas like Fashion Product Development, Fashion Marketing, Fashion Retailing, Fashion Logistics and Operations Management, Production Planning and Control Systems, Visual Merchandising and Retail Operations.
The main aim of the course is to provide opportunity to enrolled students to learn product development, international sourcing, retailing, marketing and digital marketing and business management. The students throughout the course of their chosen study, gets the capacity, the drive, and the value-based professional competence to address varied situations in the world of work that can be transformed into added business value. The course hones the initiative, innovation and judgment along with intellectual acumen to formulate, develop and communicate conceptual arguments rooted in a holistic perspective of the business context.
The final levels of the course enables students of diverse background to graduate as highly competent professionals capable of decision-making as well as hands-on competencies suited to the domestic and international fashion market and fashion lifestyle industry, through a final Dissertation Project which enables them to apply their knowledge on a pragmatic ground which ensures that students are adept both theoretically and practically. The pathway also engages students with real world experiences, so that a fair mix of theoretical knowledge and practical familiarities is achieved to foster learning. The key feature of the course is the continuous optimization of knowledge: theory, product and processes, through self-development, innovation, thought leadership and creative management.
All UG Pathway students have the following opportunities:-
1. Opt for international exchange program at universities like Amsterdam Fashion Institute (Netherlands), University for the Creative Arts (UK), Heriot Watt University (UK), NHL University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands), Royal Academy of Art (The Hague), London College of Fashion (UK), Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (USA), LDT Nagold (Germany), BTK University (Germany), Manchester Metropolitan University (UK), University of the West of England (UK), NABA (Milan) etc.
2. Participate in international summer programs at NABA (Italy), Domus Academy (Italy), London College of Fashion (UK) or BTK Germany
In 2016, 42 students participated in NABA Summer Workshops and 8 students in London College of Fashion Summer courses workshop.
Other International Opportunities
1. Selected final year students get to present their graduating project at international universities like NABA, Italy.
2. Selected students are trained and sent to work with designers in international events like Paris Fashion Week.
3. Many experienced faculty members from universities across the globe conduct workshops and lectures with students.