The 4 Year UG Pathway in Fashion Media Communication trains students and provides them with skills required for communicating fashion through various media formats such as journalism (print, electronic or news media), events and promotions (public relations and advertising). The students study Elements and Principles of Fashion Design, Fashion Value Chain, Product Categories, Fashion Weeks, e-Fashion Retail and Trend Forecasts to promote fashion and lifestyle brands. Editing and writing for different formats such as print, broadcast and digital are also core elements of this course. The students also get exposure to areas such as visual merchandising, styling, graphic design, display and exhibit design, advertising, public relations and creative writing.
The course gives exposure to work related experiences, hones creativity, innovation and judgment along with intellectual acumen to formulate, develop and communicate conceptual arguments rooted in the context of fashion promotion. The course provides the capacity, the drive and the value-based professional competence to individuals, enrolled in the course, to address varied situations in the world of work that can be transformed into added business value. In order to develop and train fashion professionals who develop creative and efficient communication concepts, the students are engaged throughout in live experiences so that a fair mix of the theoretical and the practical is rolled into the learning provision.
The introductory level of the course encourages individual approaches to creative communication solutions and hence provides scope for original work and diverse ideas and for conceptual development as the course provides several experiences and opportunities to students through workshops, seminars, industry visits, industry led projects, participation in national and international fairs etc. The balance of knowledge of fashion and media allows for a comprehensive overview of the global fashion media industry vis-a-vis developing Indian fashion media industry.
At the level of graduation, the students are mobilized for working on Industry projects, industry internships and work-based learning that will have a significant positive impact on students understanding of the industry and encourage professionalism. It will be an exposure to realistic sectorial requirements and underpin professional approaches. This will encourage the students to become highly competent professionals capable of decision-making as well as hands-on competencies suited to the fashion & lifestyle media, entertainment and promotion industries.
All UG Pathway students have the following opportunities:-
1. Opt for international exchange program at universities like Amsterdam Fashion Institute (Netherlands), University for the Creative Arts (UK), Heriot Watt University (UK), NHL University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands), Royal Academy of Art (The Hague), London College of Fashion (UK), Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (USA), LDT Nagold (Germany), BTK University (Germany), Manchester Metropolitan University (UK), University of the West of England (UK), NABA (Milan) etc.
2. Participate in international summer programs at NABA (Italy), Domus Academy (Italy), London College of Fashion (UK) or BTK Germany
In 2016, 42 students participated in NABA Summer Workshops and 8 students in London College of Fashion Summer courses workshop.
Other International Opportunities
1. Selected final year students get to present their graduating project at international universities like NABA, Italy.
2. Selected students are trained and sent to work with designers in international events like Paris Fashion Week.
3. Many experienced faculty members from universities across the globe conduct workshops and lectures with students.