This 4 Year UG Pathway focuses on the analysis of image and the development of style. The course centers around concepts, skills and training to create a sense of style through an image. It also accentuates the co-relation between thought and arrangement of styling solutions in diverse areas of fashion, retail, media and entertainment. The course also offers industry internship to transform students into industry ready professionals.
Make-up artists, fashion stylists and image designers are highly sought after in the media industry. The Fashion Styling and Image Design course instils the expertise to create the desired image for celebrities, media personalities and public figures.
The course follows a staggered approach within the learning pathway in distinct levels of subject complexity and differentiated areas of specialization to a diverse background with the aim to inculcate the capacity, the drive, and the value-based professional competence to address varied situations in the world of work that can be transformed into added business value, in its students.
At the initial level, it facilitates the in-depth learning of various factorials related to Fashion styling such as style visualization & editing, Image design & development, Make over, Digital fashion styling and social media etc. The practice of engaging the students in live experiences is started at the basic level so that a fair mix of the theoretical, digital and the practical is rolled into the learning provision. The ability of the students shall extend from concept development from ideation, story/look realization, integrating theme, brand image, trends and influence application and production feasibility.
During the middle phase of the course, the students are given opportunities to experience learning beyond the Academy boundaries, through interactions with Experts in design and art related fields and well known Professionals from fashion styling, image design, media, blogging and grooming industry. They are exposed through industry visits to fashion studios, hair styling & make-up boutiques, advertising firms, photography & film studios and fashion retail markets to understand the context of their learning and its ultimate application.
Towards the higher level of the course, provision to develop independent learning and cross-course interaction – interdisciplinary learning is promoted through Independent projects that will enable the students to graduate as highly competent professionals capable of decision-making as well as hands-on competencies suited to the Fashion labels and Brands, Retail clothing brands, Print media, Electronic media, Corporate & organizations ,Forecasting Agencies, Fashion or entertainment Media, Enterprise .
All UG Pathway students have the following opportunities:-
1. Opt for international exchange program at universities like Amsterdam Fashion Institute (Netherlands), University for the Creative Arts (UK), Heriot Watt University (UK), NHL University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands), Royal Academy of Art (The Hague), London College of Fashion (UK), Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (USA), LDT Nagold (Germany), BTK University (Germany), Manchester Metropolitan University (UK), University of the West of England (UK), NABA (Milan) etc.
2. Participate in international summer programs at NABA (Italy), Domus Academy (Italy), London College of Fashion (UK) or BTK Germany
In 2016, 42 students participated in NABA Summer Workshops and 8 students in London College of Fashion Summer courses workshop.
1. Selected final year students get to present their graduating project at international universities like NABA, Italy.
2. Selected students are trained and sent to work with designers in international events like Paris Fashion Week.
3. Many experienced faculty members from universities across the globe conduct workshops and lectures with students.